martes, 1 de mayo de 2012

goals


At the beginning of this semester I thought I was somewhat prepared in writing but when the essay came to date I realize I need it more practice in writing. My main goal was to improve as a writer by learning different styles of writing and how to approach my audience. I’m proud because in this semester I learned those skills and one thing that I didn’t address in my goals at first and I had trouble with in my essays was writing my thesis statement.    
Throughout the semester I felt frustrated because I wasn’t getting the grades I wanted and that was mainly because I didn’t have a statement of purpose and that made my whole paper to fail. I didn’t know how to organize my paper and also didn’t know how to connect my ideas to my thesis. I started to focus more on these things after my second paper and I had a big improvement and that was seen in my scores. So, I feel that in the last paper I did a great job and I had a thesis statement and a good organization.
Even though I more prepared to write college level papers I need a lot of practice in order to keep up the good work. Therefore, I will try to write papers even when I don’t have a class and try to give it to people around me to give me advice toward my papers. Also, I will also take English 102 so I can master my skills and be prepared for my college career. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario